top of page

Fitness Group

Public·12 members

Perfect Love Song [EXCLUSIVE]

Quincy Jones almost nabbed this slice of loved-up electrofunk for Michael Jackson, but it ended up becoming a signature tune for R&B diva Khan when she sang it with her old band Rufus in 1983. When Frankie Knuckles gave it a piano house remix in 1989, a new generation went crazy for the song: now artists ranging from Mary J. Blige to KT Tunstall have recorded versions, but none of them reach the thrilling heights of Chaka as she hits the final chorus.

Perfect Love Song

"Perfect Love" is a song written by Sunny Russ and Stephony Smith, and recorded by American country music artist Trisha Yearwood. It was released in January 1998 as the third and final single from her compilation album (Songbook) A Collection of Hits. The song reached the top of the US Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart.[1]

Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, calling it an "infectious, uptempo tune that celebrates the joys of being in love." She goes on to say that Yearwood delivers the song with "her usual passion and vibrancy."[2]

The music video was directed by Gerry Wenner and premiered in January 1998. It shows Yearwood performing the song in a vintage novelty shop, and a young couple, an elderly couple, and two kids walking through the shop, trying on clothes, dancing, and looking at the toys and pictures that eventually come to life.

After about 15 minutes I came back with the hymn, "O Perfect Love," and there and then we all sang it to the tune of "O Strength and Stay." . . . The writing of it was no effort whatever after the initial idea came to me of the two-fold aspect of a perfect union, love and life, and I have always felt that God helped me to write it.

"O Perfect Love" is a prayer that Christ's love and life may infuse a wedding couple's new life together. The text, however, would be stronger if it contained a direct address to God or Christ in more customary biblical terms. In 1897, several years after her sister's wedding, Dorothy Blomfield also married. She and her husband, Gerald Gurney, were both children of Anglican clergymen. Initially an actor, Gerald was later ordained in the Church of England. But in 1919 Gerald and Dorothy joined the Roman Catholic community at Farnborough Abbey. Dorothy Gurney wrote several volumes of verse, including A Little Book of Quiet, which contained the once well-known poem "God's Garden."

THE PERFECT LOVE SONG is a beautiful Christmas tale about two brothers in a band together. Jack just got engaged to a young woman named Kara and is planning a destination wedding in Ireland on Christmas, and Jimmy is slowly falling in love with Kara's best friend Charlotte. When Jimmy and Charlotte write a hit song together one night, the ensuing success leads Jimmy away from what's important to him, and it'll take a Christmas miracle to get IT back.

As the editorial director of the music service Spotify, Sulinna Ong is in a perfect position to observe the latest trends in love songs. "Over 105 million users create their own playlists every Valentine's Day," she said. "One of the main themes is vintage sound. So, it's the real appetite for '50s and '60s music.

Nate Sloan, who teaches musicology at USC's Thornton School of Music, says that 70% of all hit songs are about love and relationships. Sloan's specialty is the history of pop and jazz, and when it comes to love songs, there's a lot of history.

USC's Baroque Sinfonia performed, for "Sunday Morning," a Spanish song that is 500 years old, in which the singer says he's in love with three different girls. "Very little has changed," said Sloan. "These are very universal and sort of timeless emotions that people tap into for a love song."

Few songwriters have found more fresh ways to say "I love you" than Grammy-winner and 14-time Oscar-nominee Diane Warren. Thirty of her songs have hit the Top 10, and 29 of them are about love and relationships.

Over the years, Warren has written thousands of songs. So, can you run out of ways to talk about love? "No. I don't think there's any exhaustion point," she said. "There's only so many notes, right? And so many words. But you can mix 'em up a million different ways and make something great.

"I don't know that it would connect in the same way with an audience," Sloan said. "The idea is that, 'I will always love you,' and that's painted musically by holding out that long, 'I,' over three measures of music. It's literally the singer saying, I'm gonna hold this note to show you how dedicated I am."

"When you perform the song, you have to leave it all on the floor," Sloan said, "because that's what we're trying to get from a love song, is trying to get someone reaching their emotional peak. An incredible performer can turn a mediocre love song into a great one."

Our mission is to help people Love Life to the Full. Whether you love adventures or cosy nights in, with our intelligent two-way matching feature, we are confident you will find new romance, friendship or companionship.

Since we're including love songs about devotion and pining (but trying to avoid wholesale break-up ballads), "We Belong Together" is the perfect place to start. Mariah Carey's hit single from "The Emancipation of Mimi" remains is a classic modern love song with a fantastic pop diva music video to match.

This essential emo/alt-rock love song was Dashboard Confessional's first Billboard Top 10 hit, and rightfully so. "Hands Down" captures the youthful crush stage of love and lust with lyrics perfectly suited for an AIM away message.

This ballad is a simple, sweet ode to lazy afternoons spent in the company of a loved one. "Hold You in My Arms" was one of Ray LaMontagne's first breakout singles, and remains a staple heard at wedding venues around the country.

You probably don't think much about "Vision Quest," the movie for which this song was made, but "Crazy for You" is one of Madonna's best love songs. It also earned Madonna her first of many Grammy Award nominations.

When you think Bee Gees, you probably think dance and disco. But along with "Emotions" (a fantastic break-up song), "How Deep is Your Love" is evidence of the Bee Gees' ability to cut to the heart of a soulful connection between two people.

Taylor Swift cemented her role in pop culture with her heartfelt guitar ballads, and "Love Story" bridges the gap between her country roots and modern pop music. The song epitomizes the blissfully ignorant days of idyllic young love.

This simple love ballad was sung gorgeously by country star Allison Krauss. "When You Say Nothing at All" captures the comfort and unspoken love language shared between partners with a timeless message of devotion.

It would be a list of love songs without a serious dose of '80s melodrama, and "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is everything we could want in a glam rock ballad that fits into our "pining but still a love song" category.

We dare you not to start tapping your foot and grinning upon hearing Jackie Wilson's number one R&B hit song "(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher," which has rightfully earned a place on any list of the happiest and catchiest love tunes.

Keeping in our uptempo, groovy streak, "Best of My Love" is a classic found on movie and TV soundtracks across the decades for good reason. You'll be humming "Oh-o-oho, you've got the best of my love" all day after revisiting this track.

Sliding into the category of "love advice," this Otis Redding track needs no introduction. It was already considered a classic, and was solidified in pop culture history when Donkey belted it out in "Shrek" and then sampled for Kanye West and Jay-Z's "Otis."

Queen's discography is chock-full of classic hits, but none fits best on the "love song" category than this tune. "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" is an uptempo, genre-bending single that stands the test of time.

K-Ci & JoJo probably didn't realize they were recording a song that would soon become a school dance staple, providing the soundtrack to awkwardly adorable PG slow dances everywhere. "All My Life" is the ultimate mix-CD track, movie score pick, and karaoke jam, and it's more than earned its spot on this list.

Prince's greatest hits are peppered with a joyous and infectious sense of love, but perhaps none more than the devoted single "I Would Die 4 U." The extra inflection Prince added for the line "darlin' if you want me to" is pure starlight energy.

Like others on our list, The Smiths are music legends. "There is a Light That Never Goes Out" is a beloved bittersweet song that stands the test of time thanks to the before-its-time emo message delivered with an English rock vibe.

This follow-up hit to "End of the Road" is the perfect ode to doting upon a loved one. Blending the romantic and physical aspects of love, this sexy "Boyz II Men" '90s jam belongs on every love playlist.

No, Sinead (and Prince), nothing compares to this song. Both versions are commendable and stunning in their own right, but Sinead O'Connor's holds a special place in the legacy of heartache-fueled artistry.

The art of parenthetical song titles has truly been lost. Candian singer-songwriter Bryan Adams crafted the love song to end all love songs with "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You," and we'll never forget him for it.

Roberta Flack's hauntingly beautiful version of "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" was slower and more sensual. This love song rightfully won Flack a Grammy in 1973, and a place in our top 20 list.

"Crazy in Love" remains one of the best pop songs of all time, iconic in both its beat and the unforgettable music video that went along with it. As Beyoncé continues dominating the world as the goddess of the arts, it's hard to pick just one of her best hits but this has to be the contender for greatest love song.

Sir Elton John's sweet tune was inducted to the Grammys Hall of Fame, and easily earns its place in our list of the best love songs. The pure poetry of the piano ballad will bring out the romantic in anyone. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page